Phase 3: Collective Sharing with Participating High Schools
Recorded Live on Zoom, January 13, 2022 3:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern Time
- Brief Introduction/Overview: 5 minutes
- Summary Reflections: 25 minutes (assumes 4 HSs): each school will have one student representative take about 6 minutes to share on 2 main points: (a) the summary responses from your Phase 2 discussion: key messages by the panel reviewers; and (b) proposed initiatives to be carried out by each school, during Jan. to May, 2022;
- Overview of the Rotary Youth Peace Action Initiative: 10-minute overview including the registration process to facilitate school and student engagement. We are grateful to the Rotary YPA representatives for sharing their time and the program.
4) Collective Discussion: 30 minutes; responding to the key messages, and discussion of possible follow-up initiatives by each school
5) Summary and Closing: 5 minutes
For Phase 4 of this year’s WAS program on Peacebuilding and Conflict Resolution, students from each participating high school will be encouraged to take follow-up initiative(s) in their school and community, with support from faculty advisors and community resources including Shepherd University students and Rotarians.
We encourage you to use this consolidated zoom-based recording and other resources collected here.
We are starting a news blog for Phase 4 follow-up on this site to share news and information about follow-up initiatives from your schools. Your contributions are welcome and encourages. Please email you news or comments, with photographs, to Richard Anson or Bill Howard, co-chairs of this event with your news.
Disclaimer and Privacy Notice
All Zoom conferences held in conjunction with The Rotary Club of Shepherdstown, including the WAS event on January 13, 2022, will be recorded and stored. By your participation in this Zoom conference recorded on January 13, 2022, in conjunction with The Rotary Club of Shepherdstown, you explicitly grant your permission for this recording and its use, including audio and video to be used for promotional, educational, or other purposes. Any of the participants may choose to not participate in the audio and video interactions during this event and instead participate solely by using the text chat feature or you may choose not to participate in any way.